Monday, January 19, 2009

Good friends

I have had so many blessings in life and I am thankful for them each day. One of the great blessings is my friends. I was able to spend the weekend with one of my best friends in the world, Tara, and became compelled to tell the world (or at least the 15 or so people that read this) why I am thankful for her.

Where to begin... Tara is a gift! First, she is one of the smartest people I have ever met. Seriously, she is brilliant. Her knowledge of theology and history is amazing. But even more amazing than her knowledge developed through research and immersion is her knowledge of the spirit of man. Tara has a way to know people, to see the best, to develop that in them, and to project to them a better version of themselves.

Over the last 15 years, I have had so many incredible conversations with Tara that have helped develop me into the person I am today. We have talked about everything and not always agreed, but I always have felt accepted and loved, no matter what. Some of my favorites were the ones when we were teenagers and I would come over to her house and talk until late into the evening.

Over the last 10 years life has taken us to some very different places and we have often gone for long times without seeing eachother or even talking. But there has always been a connection that never broke. Even after a full year we will pick right up from where we left off. There is no expectation, no guilt, just a true joy of being together again! That is incredibly special.

I joke that Tara is like a drug. She just makes you feel so good about life and yourself that you want more! When I leave a visit with her, I feel rejuvinated! I just hope that I can offer her the same in return.

Tara's friendship is a gift! And Tara is a gift in this world! She has dedicated her life to serving others and she gives herself to those in her life. I am so thankful for her in my life! Tara, I love you!!

Did You Know?
I would likely not be in the career I am in now if it weren't for Tara! Tara taught me how to make my very first basic webpage!! It was so much fun that I stayed up late most nights during my freshman year of college and learned more before deciding to make it my major!!

No comments:

Web Analytics